WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT?
As a service provider, AEI Acoustics, are required to collect data that needs to be stored for future reference. The data collected can be personal data as well as site specific information gathered as part of our processes. This policy provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679), also referred to as GDPR.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and principles by:
- Using lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes required to provide the services required
- Relevant to the purposes requested of us
- Accurate and up to date
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
- Information provided to use in any meetings or correspondence (in person or by electronic means)
- Information including (but not limited to) name, title, address, telephone number, email addresses
- Bank or payment details for financial reasons
- Information held can be both personal and company information
We may also collect and process sensitive personal data (such as gender, ethnicity, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, health issues) as required for human resource purposes. For sensitive data such as these, we will obtain explicit consent and provide a full description and transparency on how this information will be used and where it will be located.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal data from you in a number of ways including (but not limited to):
- Directly from you, either in person or through electronic means
- Via our website
- Through third parties
WHERE WE STORE THE DATA
All data is stored on either a computer based system or (and) a paper based system and stored (and used) within the UK only. Where
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use the information collected to:
- Communicate with you regards any enquiry or question you may raise
- Communicate with you for services requested of us or by us
- Keep our records up to date
- For internal HR purposes
- For quality control purposes
- Improving services
We will only share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of processing your transaction, for examples to a bank or building society) or if we are required to use a third party consultant to provide additional resources or assistance with your requirements. Where a third party is involved we do not allow them to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to use your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents and other third parties who have a business know how. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentially.
Wherever possible all personal data is safeguarded by appropriate encryption and password protection.
For further information including access to your information, requests for corrections to be made on data held, to unsubscribe or request your information be deleted and to raise objections on how your information may have been used please send an email to email@example.com or use our contact form.
This policy is reviewed every 12 months unless changes required by law are required before this date. Last review date: August 2020